- You Can Play A Way Out Online With Only One Copy on sgamet
- sgamet | Ask Dr. NerdLove: My Girlfriend Won’t Throw Out Her Old Wedding Photos
- sgamet - This 'March for Our Lives' Browser Game Helps Spread Awareness for Saturday's March
- The Best Video Game Trees, According To Someone Who Makes Them on sgamet
- sgamet | Far Cry 5 Has A Great Riff On Far Cry 4's Early Ending
There are 2 major features introduced in this patch.
The 1st feature is the initial implementation of weapons for vehicles. This can be seen on the new armored vehicles. This is a first pass implementation, and may add the ability to rotate your cannon or have it controlled by one of the passenger slots in the future. Armored Vehicles currently do not use ammo, but fire slowly (once per 8 seconds). We will likely add an ammunition resource in the future.
The 2nd feature is the introduction of a new ruleset GUI. If you use the /ruleset command or click on the new Ruleset button from the GUI you will find the ruleset now has a GUI that you can interact with. This will make it much easier to change all the configuration values if you are playing on your own server or if playing single player. If you are playing on a server that you do not have GM access to you can see the values, but not change them. Changes made are live and will be saved as well for any future play sessions.
Rounding out the patch we also introduced a new Beam SMG weapon that has a faster fire rate, but does less damage than a Beam Rifle.
- Vultures now have unique sound effects.
- When weapons are fired into the water it will now create splashes.
- Adjusted or added the physical material settings of 18 different weapons or tools to allow them to react differently visually when damaged.
Items and Fittings
- Introduced new Beam SMG weapons. The role of these weapons is somewhere between a Beam Rifle and a Chain Gun. They have a faster rate of fire and DPS than beam rifles, but a shorter range and less damage per shot. They have increased range in comparison to a chain gun, but use Beam Cartridges rather than slug Ammunition.
- Siege weapons (Rocket Launchers, Grenade Launchers, and Mini-Explosive Launchers) received roughly a 10% boost to their damage.
- Added some new phrases to the profanity filter.
- Steel knives can now be used to obtain seeds from Herbal Flowers.
- It now requires 8 Ranged skill to acquire the Chain Gun recipe. This is one higher than was previously the case for balance purposes.
- Armored Vehicles can now be created with an Electronics skill of 10.
- Beam SMGs can now be crafted with a Ranged skill of 7 or higher.
- You can now grow Herbal Flowers from seed. This plant requires little carbon or nitrogen, but a lot of water and takes longer to grow than most other plants.
- There is now a ruleset button in the escape menu for easier access.
- If you type /ruleset you will now get a Configuration Window that shows the current configuration values for the server. If you are playing single player or a GM on the server you can change the values and save them back to the server. Once saved the values will be changed on the server and then be used anytime the game is loaded after that.
Vehicles and Mounts
- Vehicles can now have weapons. This can be seen on the new armored vehicles. This is a first pass implementation, and may add the ability to rotate your cannon or have it controlled by one of the passenger slots in the future. Armored Vehicles currently do not use ammo, but fire slowly (once per 8 seconds). We will likely add an ammunition resource in the future.
- Armored Vehicles have been introduced. These require more resources to create than the Off Road Vehicles, and are significantly slower in both their movement and control. They can take more damage however, and have a slow firing cannon that can be used while driving.
- Updated some of the filtered phrases in the profanity filter to remove some incorrectly flagged bits of text. Please let us know if you run into any more.
- Altered the grammar used when items are ready to break so that it can be written properly in all cases.
- Traps should no longer deal damage to pets owned by the trap owner.
- The Vulture Whistle item description no longer erroneously claims to summon a Setlang.
- Potentially fixed an issue which could cause more charges to be consumed from tools than was intended.
- Fixed an issue which was preventing seeded Lesapen Fruit from maturing properly.