- You Can Play A Way Out Online With Only One Copy on sgamet
- sgamet | Ask Dr. NerdLove: My Girlfriend Won’t Throw Out Her Old Wedding Photos
- sgamet - This 'March for Our Lives' Browser Game Helps Spread Awareness for Saturday's March
- The Best Video Game Trees, According To Someone Who Makes Them on sgamet
- sgamet | Far Cry 5 Has A Great Riff On Far Cry 4's Early Ending
It seems that Microsoft is planning to get in on the VRMMO craze. A new job listing points to the tech company creating a “mixed reality” MMO, as it is currently hiring a Senior Design Manager for the “Xbox Mixed Reality team.” The job listing even specifies that said person would be working on “MR/VR,” which clearly stands for “Mixed Reality/Virtual Reality.”
Very few details about the unannounced game in question are available at this time. All we know is that Microsoft is “looking to build a massively social gaming and entertainment experience for both the PC and the console,” most likely referring to Windows 10 and Xbox One. Other than that, all we know is that the company is looking for someone with “deep expertise and passion around crafting immersive social systems and experiences.” Even details such as whether the MMO in question would be created for the HoloLens or a VR device like the Oculus Rift or HTC Vive are not mentioned, albeit the “mixed reality” designation leads me to believe that will be made for the HoloLens.
What do you think that Microsoft is working on?