- You Can Play A Way Out Online With Only One Copy on sgamet
- sgamet | Ask Dr. NerdLove: My Girlfriend Won’t Throw Out Her Old Wedding Photos
- sgamet - This 'March for Our Lives' Browser Game Helps Spread Awareness for Saturday's March
- The Best Video Game Trees, According To Someone Who Makes Them on sgamet
- sgamet | Far Cry 5 Has A Great Riff On Far Cry 4's Early Ending
RuneScape: Idle Adventures is an experimental idle game that blended RuneScape’s core mechanics with AdVenture Capitalist’s idle gameplay and added on a healthy dose of humor. The game, which was developed by AdVenture Capitalist developer Hyper Hippo Games, was a novel idea, but alas, it didn’t last. The company announced late last month that it will be shutting down on May 15th, having spent eight and a half months in Early Access.
According to Hyper Hippo, the reason for the shutdown is as follows.
You have been an excellent community throughout, in all the right ways: talkative, passionate, and analytical–you’ve given us a tonne of great feedback as we’ve worked hard to improve the game in the right ways. The reality is that those improvements did not change the game enough, and new players weren’t sticking around to finish the stories and quests that we’d already created, let alone justify us creating additional content.
It’s unfortunate that the project didn’t work out. Perhaps Hyper Hippo will have better luck with Guild Quest, which entered Early Access this past January.