I would like to take some time to give some cool tips about Wintera that can help players get better in this battleground event.
– The thermal scroll is your friend. This scroll literally is a game changer, and can help your team secure a win. Don’t be afraid to dive into enemy team to be a decoy to wreck havoc while your team backs you up from behind.
– Dodging snowballs, run around in circles, it’s literally a lot harder to hit when you’re running around them, not away.
– Elin race seems to be the best race in this event because of the out-of-combat speed she gets.
– The game mode doesn’t actually record you doing any specific skill, so everything is counted as out-of-combat. That means using Elin is almost cheating in this mode, because of her boost.
– Fine Vigorous Niveot works in this game mode, use it to heal up.
– You can actually throw snowballs through the walls, the walls are there to only block visual, but not the actual snowball itself. Use it to your advantage.
– Use treasure box to block snowballs, if you have thermal scroll, use it along with ice trap to run into the middle of enemy team to place the trap, and stun everyone of them.
– When aiming to throw your snowball, aim lower, not higher. We have a tendency to aim for the head, but because this isn’t an FPS, shooting their legs count as full damage. It’s better to aim lower because you’ll be able to hit them from a further distance.
– Use FOV to your advantage, you’ll be able to circle around the camera view for any potential flanks and be able to use it to peek over the walls, and around corners. Seriously, it’s like a super cheat.
– Always stay at the side where most of your team is located. You don’t want to venture alone, because you’ll end up dying alone with no one to resurrect you across the map.
– Always throw a snowball at the big chest to see it’s HP bar, that way you can steal it away from enemy team if they try to break the big chest.
These are the tips I acquired while playing this game mode for over 100+ games in just 2 days. If you have any tricks of your own in this game mode, leave a comment.