Revelation Online is a free-to-play (open beta) massive multiplayer online role-playing game developed by NetEase, under the title “Revelation”. It is published by My.com in Europe and North America, and is in open beta. The game combines PvP and PvE in a Chinese fantasy game environment, inspired by the books of the Chinese writer Jiang Nan.
Revelation Online is a large, seamless, open world game with unrestricted flight.Only dungeons, battlegrounds and guild bases are instanced – players are free to navigate through the world with wings, mounts or the teleport system between cities.
Players can reach up to level 79, with various activities unlocking at different levels.
Revelation Online provides the following PvE activities:
- Dungeons (Solo, 5-man, up to 5 difficulty levels)
- Raid (up to 20 players, 2 difficulty levels)
- 6 world bosses
Revelation Online provides the following PvP activities:
- Open world PvP
- Open world castle sieges (no participant limits, includes PvE elements)
- Instanced arenas (1v1, 3v3)
- Instanced battlegrounds (10v10, 20v20, 30v30)
- Instanced guild battles (30v30, 50v50)
- Open world aerial combats (participants use their wings to fight for aerial territories, using air-only abilities)
The game offers 6 classes, with the possibility to create both male and female characters for each class.
- Gunslinger: Gunslingers offer high and precise ranged damage. They are good at taking down single targets, but are weak for crowd-control.
- Blade Master: Blademasters can act as secondary tank or twin-blade melee physical DPS. Blademasters focus on burst damage and escape skills to dash in and out of combat.
- Spiritshaper: Spiritshapers are easy to control and allow for high survivability. They act as support classes in groups, while doing ranged damage through summonings.
- Vanguard: Vanguards act as main tanks and specialize in physical close combat, with heavy armor and a focus on survival skills.
- Swordmage: Swordmages focus on ranged magic damage and AOE. They have relatively poor survivability with low health and armor, and rely on cold damage for crowd control.
- Occultist: Occultists can act both as ranged magical DPS – focusing on damage-over-time, life drain and AOE – and as healers.
This video is the real life of people dressed as a hero in the game photo collection, each play their own role, Cosplays are all classes, Gunslinger, Vanguard, Blademaster, Swordmage, Assassin, Occultist, and Spiritshaper.